Settlement of Estate With or Without a Will

Settling Estates Conveniently

In Texas, when a person passes away, their will is filed with a probate court to establish it as the document that will govern the disposition and the settlement of their estate by paying debts, filing tax returns and delivering the remaining property to the persons or trusts named in their will.

If a person dies without a will, it is necessary to determine who should inherit their property under the laws of Texas and utilize one of the several methods available to handle the estate.

At Judith P. Kenney & Associates, we work with you to determine the best method to meet the needs of your particular situation and then work through the process with you to settle the estate as efficiently as possible.

Call us at 972-713-6133.

Probate Services That You Can Count On

We provide legal assistance depending on the type of probate proceeding appropriate to your particular estate and assist with court-created independent administration as well as out-of-state personal representative to qualify as executor or administrator in Texas.

We represent the personal representative and assist with the probate process of admitting the will to probate, qualifying the executor or administrator, filing the requisite notices to creditors and to the beneficiaries, administering the estate, distributing the property to the beneficiaries and closing the estate administration if desired.

  • Ancillary probate: Assisting out-of-state representatives with ancillary administrations in Texas
  • Muniment of title: A probate process where the will passes the title of the property to the beneficiaries without the appointment of a personal representative and the applicant may be required to file an affidavit within six months as to the fulfilled and unfulfilled terms of the will
  • Lost wills: Assists the personal representative in probating a copy of the will if the original will is lost
  • Old wills: Wills offered for probate more than four years after the death of the decedent require special notice requirements to the heirs